[BozemanLUG] March Meeting tomorrow night

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Mar 28 10:11:13 MDT 2012

Greetings,

This notice is a little late... but better late than never, right?

We *ARE* going to have a BozemanLUG meeting this month... and the regular day is tomorrow... so the meeting is the regular day, time, and place.  For more info, see:

http://www.montanalinux.org/bozemanlug/meeting-info.html

David Eder will be showing how to make a usable Fedora install on USB media... and this is different than the traditional LiveUSB recipe that most distros off... and does NOT use a union filesystem to join a non-writable filesystem with a writable one.  As I understand it, it uses a regular ext3 (or ext4) filesystem and runs like a regular system would from a hard drive... where you can update it and not worry about having useless previous versions of things lingering around taking up space.  Was that a good description David?

I'd also like to talk about an idea I have for expanding our reach outside of the local Bozeman Linux community by possibly becoming the Bozeman FLOSS Users Group.  I don't have any specific changes to recommend at this time and just want to talk about the idea and get some feedback.