[BozemanLUG] Raspberry Pi anyone?

Mike Stone mstone0802 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:37:57 MST 2012

I was looking quickly over their site just to see what there is to see, and
it looks like there is no special process for becoming a reseller. There's
no bulk discount on the hardware, but it is less expensive to ship if you
buy in bulk. In short, to be a reseller, buy a bunch of them and sell them
to someone else. That's it.

Mike

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the Raspberry
> Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/).  Gary Bummer, David Edar and I
> mentioned at the BozemanLUG meeting last night... that we all want to buy a
> Raspberry Pi.  The first batch they have in production as I type this are
> 10,000 model B units (includes wired ethernet and costs $35).  The only
> problem is that the Raspberry Pi project is in the U.K. so anyone who buys
> one will have to pay shipping from the U.K. to the U.S..  They hope to
> eventually get a U.S. distributor but right now it is unclear how that is
> going to happen.
>
> Who else wants to buy a Raspberry Pi? Anyone in the wholesale / retail
> business that already deals with U.K. business and imports goods? Anyone
> interested in becoming a Raspberry Pi distributor?
>
> My guess is that the first batch of Rasberry Pis that come out will sell
> out pretty quickly... and might actually be hard to get... leading to
> having to wait for the next batch.
>
> I'm trying to encourage someone who receives this email to look into how
> to become a distributor so that we can get our Raspberry Pis from you.
>  Anyone?
>
> An alternative was to pool our money and make a multi-unit order with one
> shipping cost.  None of us had bought anything from the U.K. before and
> were wondering if there were any import duty / taxes on such things.
>  Anyone?
>
> TYL,
> --
> Scott Dowdle