[BozemanLUG] LinuxFest Northwest 2011 - Anyone?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Apr 18 16:25:50 MDT 2011

Greetings,

I'm all set to go to the LinuxFest Northwest 2011 show.  Admission is free.

It is Saturday and Sunday, April 30th - May 1st.  Given the fact that I'm driving... I'm leaving very early from Bozeman on Friday April 29th.  After the show is over on Sunday afternoon, I'll head back and stop whenever I get tired (last year it was Wallace Idaho)... then get up early on Monday to return to Bozeman.

Anyone want to go with me?  I'll be in a four passenger car and the room I'm renting has two queen beds in it.  Your only expenses would be whatever you spend on food and goodies along the way.

The final presentation schedule for the show has been finalized and you can find it here:

http://linuxfestnorthwest.org/schedule

Here are the presentations I plan on attending... and hope to record:

Rapid Application Development in Linux using Lazarus
Crash Course on Open Source Cloud Computing
bup - super efficient, easy incremental backups
Linux-Vservers - One hunk of hardware, loads of servers
What's New in Fedora
Understanding FOSS Licensing: Lessons learned from Fedora
Write, and Submit, your first Linux kernel patch
Linux Containers (LXC)
Rethinking infrastructure: Putting the System back into Systems Administration
Networking with IPv6

If anyone has any questions about the trip, please email me directly (dowdle at montanalinux.org).