[BozemanLUG] I should be punished...

David Eder david at eder.us
Thu Oct 8 14:35:38 MDT 2009

I'm currently using NFS homedirs on one of my boxen.  I'm not using any
directory service, etc.

I do think that network hiccups are a major pain.  So far the only
recourse I've found from a hung nfs is to power off hard.  You can't run
anything, existing programs seem to freeze, and the load is very high.
Oddly, root is not an nfs share and it seems to not be able to log into
the text console when this happens.

Opera doesn't like to share either, as far as browers go.

I think this is a really practical discussion to be had.

David.