[BozemanLUG] May meeting... now Thursday June 4th

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue May 26 21:02:31 MDT 2009

Greetings,

I got lucky and got a volunteer from the HelenaLUG who can give a presentation on PCLOS and setting up a nice environment for RPM package building.  He is a PCLOS (PC Linux OS - a spinoff of Mandriva) contributor. His name is Joseph Gable and he works in Computer Support for the Montana Department of Transportation in the Motor Carrier Services department.

Thursday, June 4th was good for him so that's the new meeting date.  Same time (7PM) an place (on campus EPS Building room 259).

I'll also be showing my fairly new Acer Aspire One D150 netbook running MontanaLinux. :)  We can still take about KDE 4 if there is time left over and people are interested.

I know summer meetings often have less attendance... so if you plan to attend, please let me know.  Not mandatory but it would be nice to have some idea of how many people to expect.

I haven't updated the website yet but I will RSN.

For the regular June meeting (last Thursday of June) we have a volunteer who works for the OLPC project who will be bringing a lab of OLPCs and talking about the project... hoping to drum up some potential educational app developers.