[BozemanLUG] June Meeting: One Laptop Per Child Road Show

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Jun 9 13:32:34 MDT 2009

Greetings,

A One Laptop Per Child volunteer contacted me about doing a presentation for the June meeting.  Her name is Caryl Bigenho and she is a long time educator who has been an OLPC volunteer for some time.  She has a "Road Show in a Box" setup she will be bringing.  That includes a number of OLPC units as well as some that may be available for loan to potential software developers.  We will also talk about Sugar and Sugar on a Stick.

I'm going to try and get more people from the wider community involved in the presentation... the CS department, AWC, and ACM... although at this point, I'm not sure who all will be interested.

Anyway the venue will probably change from the regular meeting to accommodate a larger turnout but I will keep you informed as to any changes that are made.  Feel free to check the meeting announcement on MontanaLinux.org and to share that link with your friends:

http://www.montanalinux.org/bozemanlug-jun2009-meeting-announcement.html

Caryl was also hoping to get as many women to the meeting as possible so invite your girlfriends, spouses, etc.