[BozemanLUG] MySQL Question

Mike Stone mstone0802 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:39:46 MST 2009

Thanks to everybody for their help, I really do appreciate it.  The solution
for me in this case was this:

/etc/init.d/mysql stop
mysqld --skip-grant-tables --skip-networking &
mysql mysql -u root
UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('notreally') WHERE user="root";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

It allowed me to set a password for an authenticated user, and it all was
downhill from there.

Mike