[BozemanLUG] http://64.203.107.114/alexander/edition.asp?id=559

Lou Caudell llc_lug at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 21:29:59 MST 2009

It serves us well to recount the moments of the first battle of the Revolutionary war. The English came to Lexington and Concorde to suppress. The delegates at the constitutional convention could not agree on separation from the crown. It was the people that took it upon themselves to rise to the occasion, and repel the oppressors. They did not have the luxury of a law legitimising their defence.

The suggestion that the government has mega weapons, and we do not is misguided. Of what value would this country have, if the people were attacked by its government? Not the British aristocracy, nor the communist ever wanted to destroy this country, but only to bring it to it's knees in compliance. We are just to valuable. The most productive, and wealthy nation on earth.  Why waste it. Besides, bombs and fighter planes could
 not bring down a small country like Vietnam. How could they possibly be precise enough to control us. They would only destroy themselves, along with us. The second amendment is not only to preserve the right of self defence, but also to serve notice to despots and tyrannical interests. I usually find those that fear guns are afraid of retribution for their acts of suppression, and perhaps they should. However, removing guns does not guarantee the end of aggression toward our fellow man. The French aristocrats thought of the impact of guns in the 15th century, and attempted to outlaw them and control their use. It only resulted in an epidemic of poisoning. The fact that guns are fairly well controlled, serves as well regulated, and is really more desirable than more random forms of violence, such as IED's and serin gas. I say George Mason IV, Geary of New York, and Patrick Henry are the unsung hero's on the Constitution for fighting for the Bill of
 Rights which permits amendments to the Constitution. To most people, my self included, the Bill of Rights is really what we think of as the Constitution, and if it takes sharp sticks, or guns to defend it, so be it.
- Lou Caudell