[BozemanLUG] MediaPC (sorta off topic)

Sheldon Ross ross_sheldon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:27:02 MDT 2009

I use
http://www.amazon.com/Gyration-GYM1100NA-Air-Mouse-Plus/dp/B001KEGULI/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&id=1240950271&sr=8-7

Of course, its not really a boxee thing. I use elisa, it's pretty simplistic but it does what I need.

Sheldon

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:54:05 -0700
From: mstone0802 at gmail.com
To: discuss at bozemanlug.org
Subject: [BozemanLUG] MediaPC (sorta off topic)

I'm in the planning process of setting up a Media PC (with Netflix and Hulu and Boxee, really, why wouldn't you?).  I'm planning on doing an Ubuntu PC with Boxee.  I'd like it to operate about as little like a computer as possible, so one of the main things I'm looking for is a remote control. Looking around I've had very little luck with finding a good one. Usually Google results come back with all the pluses and minuses of RDP vs. VNC and stuff like that which has nothing to do with the kind of "remote control" I'm looking for. Does anybody have a remote that they'd recommend, or does anybody have a better answer to the Media PC than Boxee? Good reasons not to use Ubuntu? I'm up to any suggestions.

Mike