[BozemanLUG] Mobile Linux, Google's Android and March BozemanLUG meeting

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Mar 21 08:51:05 MDT 2008

Greetings,

I ran across this article this morning:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Open_source_mobile_developer_Android_is_not_the_answer/1206051993

It really doesn't say a whole lot... but I know there are some embedded and mobile developers / enthusiasts among us... and I was curious as to how people are seeing the landscape.

I recently got a used Nokia 770 (it was Ken Dyke's) and I've been playing with it a bit... but it isn't that compelling so far.  What devices does everyone else have?  What do you like/want and what do you not like/want?

If anyone has anything mobile related they'd be willing to write an article on (for the montanalinux.org website) or give a presentation about... I encourage you to step forward.

Oh, there will be a BozemanLUG meeting on Thursday, March 27th but I don't have a topic yet.  Any volunteers?